In a perfect world, everything would be done right and perfect from start to finish. Here on Earth, we have to figure things out from scratch. However, we can perfect the process as we go through the cycle of improvement.
Defects are a fact we have to manage.
– Agile Accessibility Handbook
In an agile design and development environment, an accessibility defect management policy will allow you to identify, prioritize and report these issues. It should guide or outline the following information for your team to resolve any accessibility issues.
- Identify and assess existing systems for capturing issues
- Identify and assess existing channels for communicating issues
- Identify key information with accessibility issues for communication purposes
- Establish an internal and external communication medium for compliance and reporting purposes
- Establish a method of assigning priority levels to each issue
- Establish a method of assigning members to resolution