By understanding the basic concepts of web accessibility, you will better understand how to design and develop for the different needs of people with disabilities.
Table of Contents
- What does the word, disability, mean to you?
- How many types of disabilities can you think of right now?
- Do you know which guidelines and laws to follow to ensure accessibility and inclusion?
If you are feeling a bit overwhelmed with these questions, then Deque University (D.U.) is a great place to start learning about the accessibility fundamentals with disabilities, guidelines, and laws.
About the Certificate
Deque University offers an educational certificate program to help you better understand the different needs of people with disabilities.
In addition to learning about the core principles of accessibility and universal design, this course provides you with a general overview of accessibility guidelines and laws.
Here’s a list of topics covered in D.U.’s curriculum, Accessibility Fundamentals: Disabilities, Guidelines, and Laws.
- Types of Disabilities: Personas
- Myths and Misconceptions about Accessibility
About Deque University
Pronounced “dee-cue”, Deque is an extension of Deque Systems. As a web accessibility and services company, Deque Systems is focused on working with enterprises to find and fix accessibility issues on their websites and mobile apps.
D.U. will educate you on a variety of topics including:
- Accessibility Fundamentals
- Web Accessibility
- Specialized Web Accessibility
- Accessibility QA Testing
- Document Accessibility
- Accessibility Program Management
- Customer Service for People with Disabilities
- Native Mobile App Accessibility
Show Your Certificate of Completion
There’s a popular saying, “Show, don’t tell.”
With that said, I’m displaying my certificate here.
Accessibility Notice: I’m researching the best practice to display PDFs using images due to certificates being produced in PDF format. For now, until I get more info, I will display the certificate as an image with a link to the PDF.
By learning the basics of accessibility, you gain a greater appreciation for making your products and services more inclusive by eliminating barriers to access.