- New client
- Fixed price project
- Contract Start Date: February 27
- Milestone Reached: March 14
- Contract End Date: To be announced
March 15, 2020
This is a simple project where I watch two videos one week apart and complete a survey for each video. The client is not very responsive or engaging. At the moment, A) the client has released the funds for the milestone, and B) the client has not ended the contract.
March 26, 2020
After checking in to see if the client responded which did not happen, I reviewed Upwork’s Help & Support site and Community site. The following web pages indicate that I can proceed to end the contract.
- Upwork Help & Support: End Your Contract
- Upwork Help & Support: Getting Paid for Fixed-Price Contracts
- Upwork Help & Support: My Stats
- Upwork Help & Support: Job Success Score
- “I would not close them all at once. Close or two, then wait until you have some more with feedback, then close one or two more. Not because of the JSS, but because it does not look great to have huge bunches of “no feedback” contracts.” – Community Guru
I sent the client a “final” direct message with a formal request to end the contract and leave a review. If no further response within 24 hours, I will proceed to end the contract.
To be updated
I will update the status of this assignment after further research on the proper protocol that allows me to end the contract without impacting my Upwork profile in a negative manner.